The next Savannah Presbytery Stated Meeting will be Friday, February 17, 2017 at First Presbyterian Church in Brunswick, Georgia. Handbook is available now.
* For the vocation of Pastor and those who claim it as calling; seeking to proclaim to the people the presence of and the living in God’s kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.
* For faithful people I know who seek to follow Jesus and minister to those in need of God’s love, mercy and grace.
* For our part of the Church, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and its diversity across the nation and the world which sometimes seem to divide us, but, in reality, unites us in following Jesus Christ as Lord, in ministry that no single congregation, session, presbytery, or synod could accomplish alone, to the Glory of God.
* For five grown children and their families. I am so proud of them
* For nine wonderful grandchildren from 21 to 13 years who are growing up, faster than I would like, but are all doing good things.
* For Kathy who tolerates my busy schedule, loves me still after 38 years, and keeps me grounded in my life and vocation.
*For a house full of animals, three dogs and four cats. Among them is my Chocolate Lab, Mack, who is man’s best friend and certainly my close companion. Also there is among our rescue cats, Tripod, who we found almost dead but who, after a leg was amputated, decided he wanted to live. He exudes gratitude more than many people and will come when I call him.
* For my home with a wildlife refuge for a neighborhood and wonderful sunrises over the marshlands.
* For the sounds, sights, smells and tastes of of God’s creation and the various touches of love from friends and family.
* For our country with all its splendor and its faults. I am fortunate to have been born here for I did not decide it. Even in the midst of the divisions I try to remember that we have the freedom to choose our leaders. That makes us special in contrast to so much of the world. It also reminds me that we are called not to put too much emphasis on who is in power because we are all dust. Our trust is in God’s power and who is calling us to be a people who live through the resurrection of Jesus until we complete the promise of our baptism on this earth.
Grace and Peace,
The Women of First Presbyterian Church of Savannah invite you to a morning dedicated to helping you make this Christmas especially memorable and lovely for your family and friends!
Three bright and creative speakers will share their talents and ideas to grace your Christmas!
For a delightful time of preparation, learning and fellowship, reserve the date, and check back with us for more details! Tickets for the event including the presentations and lunch are $45. Tickets for the keynote speaker and luncheon only are $30. They may be purchased below or by sending a check to First Presbyterian (made out to First Presbyterian Church) at 520 Washington Ave Savannah, GA 31405. Checks must include the names of the ticket holders.
Proceeds from “A Gracious Christmas” will benefit the Fresh Air Home at Tybee, a faith-based summer camp for underprivileged children.
I know many of you are like me and are a little overwhelmed right now, BUT I NEED YOU TO RSVP TO ME BY TOMORROW AS TO YOUR AND YOUR RULING ELDER(S) ATTENDING MONDAY’S CONVERSATION ON THE FUTURE OF SAVANNAH PRESBYTERY!!! Chairs of Teams please ask your members to respond and come. Clerks come if you can and invite other session members, please RSVP. Church Administrators remind your minister(s)
We need to have a count for the restaurant. Plus we have invited two members of the Presbyterian Foundation to help us look at finances in our future. Right now I only have 17 names on the list. I am aware of the busyness of everyone and I am sure Monday is not a great day to do this, but you are needed for this one time event.
I thank you in advance for your responding.
RSVP RSVP RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Grace and Peace,