Committee on Ministry (COM)
The committee shall have the authority to find in order calls issued by churches, to approve and present calls (BO: G-14.0507), to approve the examination of ministers transferring from other presbyteries required by BO: G-11.0402, to dissolve the pastoral relationship in cases where the congregation and pastor concur (BO: G-14.0603) and to dismiss ministers to other presbyteries, with the provision that all such actions be reported to the next stated meeting of Presbytery
Committee on Preparation for Ministry (CPM)
This committee shall be responsible for inquirers and candidates for the Office of Minister of the Word and Sacrament, functioning according to rules set forth in BO: G-14.0300-.0314
Committee on Representation
Representation shall ensure appropriate representation on the committees of Savannah Presbytery.
Education & Training Ministry Team
The committee shall have responsibility for Presbytery work in the following areas: Training of teachers, advisors and administrators; Curriculum assistance, including promotion of the Presbyterian and Reformed Educational Ministry; Children’s Ministry; Youth Ministry; Adult Ministry; Family Ministry; Camps, Conferences, and Retreats; Music and Worship; Consultation with Christian Education leaders in local churches; Resource Center
Stewardship & Finance Committee
This committee shall prepare and oversee the annual budget, consistent with the mission goals and objectives set by Presbytery, for adoption by Presbytery Council and the Presbytery. Ensure a financial review of all accounts annually and make recommendations as to the employment of outside auditors, if any. This includes all Book of Order requirements. Advise the Council on all matters relating to the financial operation of the Presbytery and provide for adequate financial reports to the Presbytery at each Stated Meeting. Provide information to Council and the churches regarding funding needed to support the ministry and mission of presbytery. Review and authorize any expenditures by the ministry teams and committees not included in budgeted amounts. Manage the presbytery’s insurance policies and conduct ongoing reviews of insurance and liability issues. Along with the General Presbyter, oversee administration of the buildings, equipment, property and offices of the Presbytery
POLICIES FOR NEW COVENANT BALANCED GROWTH FUNDS:
M. K. Pentecost Ecology Fund Committee
The mission of the M.K. Pentecost Ecology Fund Committee of Savannah Presbytery is to promote and support ecological stewardship of natural resources.
The committee shall have responsibility for Presbytery work in the following areas: Overseeing and administering of the MK Pentecost Memorial Fund; Evaluating and approving or disapproving of requests for grants from revenue produced by the MK Pentecost Memorial Fund; Reporting to Savannah Presbytery on the disposition of funds produced by the MK Pentecost Memorial Fund at least on an annual basis.
Hermina Glass-Hill, M. K. Pentecost Ecology Fund Coordinator at: email@example.com
The committee shall have responsibility for Presbytery work in the following areas: International mission; Evangelism; Program and Planning support for churches; Revitalization of congregations; Ecumenical relations; Interpretation of various International Mission causes of the Church; Coordination of partnerships for mutual mission through General Assembly of Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Proposing projects to Presbytery for joint mission with partner Presbyteries; Campus Ministry
The Savannah Presbytery Transition Team’s mission is to assess current challenges faced by the Savannah Presbytery, identify its core strengths and opportunities, and make recommendations for the future of the Presbytery.
The Council serves as the coordinating body of Presbytery. The Council shall coordinate the mission and program of the Presbytery as planned and conducted by the various teams. It directs, coordinates and promotes the programmatic work of the Presbytery.
Permanent Judicial Commission
The Permanent Judicial Commission shall function according to the rules set forth in the Book of Order Rules of Discipline, Chapters 1-14. The commission shall review proposed Amendments to the Constitution and make recommendations to Presbytery
The Personnel Committee shall:
* In consultation with the General Presbyter, develop and implement personnel policies, a staffing plan, and job descriptions for the presbytery staff and officers who receive compensation
* Conduct annual reviews with presbytery officers who receive compensation in consultation with the General Presbyter, and support the General Presbyter in conducting annual reviews with presbytery staff
* In consultation with the Stewardship and Finance Committee, review the adequacy of compensation for presbytery officers and staff at least once each year
* Help implement the Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Program and address any concerns identified by the Committee on Representation regarding the adequacy of inclusiveness and representation among the staff
* Recognize and celebrate milestones in the service of staff and officers such as anniversaries of service, departures, retirements and special achievements.
The Nominating Committee shall
* Nominate persons in a timely manner to fill all vacant positions on the Presbytery Council, committees, and other entities which require election by the Presbytery.
* Nominate commissioners to the Synod of the South Atlantic for election by the Presbytery, and nominate members to serve on the Synod Permanent Judicial Commission for election by the Synod, in accordance with the current requirements of the Synod
* Solicit and review applications for nominees to serve as commissioners and advisory delegates to the General Assembly for election by the presbytery in accordance with the current requirements and deadlines of the General Assembly
* Fulfill the responsibilities listed in section 3 of this manual for the election and reelection of officers
The Bylaws of the Trustees of Savannah Presbytery, Inc., describe the membership, authority, and responsibilities of the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees shall be custodians of and consider all matters concerning the sale, lease, exchange, mortgage, pledge or other disposition of all property held in trust by the presbytery. Trustees shall make recommendations to the presbytery on all such matters. The presbytery may authorize the Trustees to approve and execute all necessary documents to sell, lease, exchange, mortgage, pledge or otherwise dispose of any property held in trust wherein the value of such transaction does not exceed an amount set by the presbytery. The Chair of the Trustees shall be empowered to sign for the Trustees on all necessary documents as provided in the bylaws. The Vice Chair of the Trustees may sign in the absence of the Chair.